A deliciously simple blend of root vegetables, leafy greens and water-rich vegetables, and spices, this fall soup is a win-win recipe for all ages! Quick, yummy and healthy, this recipe can be used for a simple dinner or satisfying lunch. With a few tweaks, it can be used for all seasons!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Zucchini (1/2 dark green, 1/2 light green – you may use whatever kind of zucchini you have)
- Beans (a handful)
- Carrot (1 medium or a handful of baby carrots)
- Collard greens (don’t use too much of greens, adding a little is great)
- Sweet Potato (1/2 medium)
- Tomato (1 medium)
- Broccoli (a few florets)
- Spring Onions (2)
- Salt (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (1 tsp)
- Black pepper powder (to taste)
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- In a little ghee on medium heat, in a pressure cooker, add some dried Italian seasoning.
- Add the white of the spring onions and saute for a minute or so.
- Add the remaining vegetables, chopped roughly.
- Add sea salt or regular table salt, pepper and saute till the vegetables sweat a little.
- Add water, close the cooker and wait for 2 whistles, and switch off the flame.
- Grind until smooth or grind coarsely, depending on your preference.
Sweet (carrot, zucchini, broccoli, beans, sweet potato), sour (tomato), salty (sea salt), bitter (greens, herbs), pungent (pepper), astringent (zucchini, greens, herbs).
This is a largely tridoshic recipe with a good blend of different kinds of vegetables, spices and ghee. The type and quantity of vegetables and spices can be tweaked to suit a particular constitution and season.
This is a sattvic recipe that brings satiety and wholesomeness to the body and mind.