Herbal Face Cleanser Scrub
- This herbal face cleanser scrub is made in a rich base of green gram flour that rejuvenates the skin with its potent enzymes and vitamins. It moisturizes while gently exfoliating the skin and nourishing it. It draws out dirt and impurities from the skin’s pores and prevents them from further clogging, leaving the skin looking fresh and clean.
- Glycerin seals in moisture while making the skin soft and supple.
- Herbs like wild turmeric, sandalwood, rose, neem, Indian madder, Indian gooseberry, licorice that are well-known in Ayurveda for their superlative skin benefits are added into this cleanser/scrub.
- Essential oils like geranium, lemon and tea tree oil have also been added for their skin benefits.
- Wild turmeric or kasturi manjal is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, protects the skin against sun damage, gently removes unwanted facial hair and evens out dark spots and marks.
- Manjistha or Indian madder is a great detoxifying herb.
- Yashtimadhu or licorice reduces hyper pigmentation.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry contains vitamin C and antioxidants which protect the skin against the early signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Neem helps against acne, sandalwood and rose have a beautiful natural fragrance, in addition to their amazing benefits for the skin.
- Geranium essential oil has anti-aging properties and a lovely, floral aroma.
- Lemon essential oil has been used for its skin brightening and mood uplifting properties.
- Tea tree oil protects the skin against breakouts.
Take a penny-sized amount of cleanser scrub with a clean, dry spoon or finger, place on your palm, add a few drops of water, and mix to make an emulsion. Apply to face, using gentle, circular motions. Stay away from the eyes. Leave this on for 3-4 minutes, if you have the time. Wash away well with plain water. Follow this with toner, serum and lotion.
You may use this as frequently as once per day. If using this frequently, don’t spend too much time scrubbing/massaging the skin; 10-20 seconds should do. If you use this infrequently, say once or twice per week, you may spend a little more time gently scrubbing/massaging the skin; 30-40 seconds should be okay.
Store the product in a clean, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep the cap securely fastened to prevent leaks and spills. This cleanser scrub will keep for a few months without spoiling, if you ensure that no water and/or moisture gets in.